[Towertalk] Guy Anchor Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Guy Anchor Question
From: n2rd@arrl.net (Rajiv Dewan, N2RD)
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 08:11:52 -0400
Ya gotta think of the soil.

My guess is that Mike, with 4" screw anchors holding up the 160' beast
has good strong compacted clay.  These anchors would hardly suffice if
you have essentially dune sand like I do.  In this case it pretty much
the dead weight of the concrete that would hold the guy in place.

So, both ideas might be right.  Which one for you?  Check your soil.
Better yet, get an engineer to do so.  BTW, Mike is one.

Regards,
Rajiv Dewan, N2RD