[Towertalk] Shunt Fed Tower 160/80

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Shunt Fed Tower 160/80
From: vr2bg@harts.org.hk (VR2BrettGraham)
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 07:26:03 +0000
WL7M recently reported his success at shunt feeding his tower.

Having managed to shunt feed my 5.7m roof tower on 160/80m with uninsulated
rope top guys & all the top loading a bit of wire & the 2.4m boom of my
quad can
provide, I would like add two things:

1. Just try it.

2. If you find it hard to tune, try an omega match.

My case is extreme, to say the least, but Joe's setup is probably along the
lines
of what most folks have, so if we can do it, you can too.  There will be
some mucking
about with finding reasonance, but one of those MFJ tweaker boxes will make
quick
work of it - just give it a go!

73, BW2/VR2BrettGraham