[Towertalk] Need VHF/UHF Antenna Advice

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Need VHF/UHF Antenna Advice
From: ac7nj@bentonrea.com (ac7nj@bentonrea.com)
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 07:06:14 -0700
Ed,

Both antennas can be feed with one feed line. This technique is used
just for the situation you are talking about, a "Ferrite-filter
Combiner" will allow  you to use the same feed line for both
transmitters.

Randy

AC7NJ

Hello!

I am faced with a dilemma.  I have one tower that will accommodate
VHF/UHF

antennas.  Unfortunately, it would require 150-165' of coax per antenna.
Its

height is 70'.  The height would be magnificent, but I worry about the
cable

loss, especially for 432 and 1.2 GHz.  The only way to deal with this is

use very expensive cable ($3/ft).

The other option is to install a second tower that is much closer (70'),
but

with a lesser height (50').  I already own the tower.  Which would you

choose?  My wife does not want the second tower for obvious reasons.
But I

may not have a choice!!

Your input is greatly appreciated.

73,