[Towertalk] RF and Speed Stream

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] RF and Speed Stream
From: na9d@speakeasy.net (Jon Ogden)
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 21:02:20 -0500
on 9/5/02 6:43 PM, Richard Zalewski at w7zr@citlink.net wrote:

> Any one out there using a Speed Stream 5667 DSL Modem or similar external
> modem by Efficient Networks?  Having a bear of a time keeping 40 & 20 M RF
> out even at low power.
>
> I loose sync with 7Mhz or 14Mhz RF in the environment.  I have lots of the
> right kind of ferrite on the 3 external connections to the modem/router but
> can't seem to solve the problem.

I have a Speedstrean 5260 DSL modem.  I don't have so much of a problem on
20M, but do have problems on 40 and 80 m.  I don't have the problem at low
power but only high power.

One thing both of us might want to try are phone line filters like form
K-Com.  The problem is, I don't know what their frequency response is.

This is a good question for the experts on the RFI reflector.

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden