[Towertalk] screw in anchors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] screw in anchors
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 09:05:49 -0400
One thing I haven't heard mentioned in the current thread is that the
standard Rohn concrete anchor design weighs about 1900 lb.  Even if all the
soil above the anchor and toward the tower were removed, it would still
have that much resistance to the guys.

The first spring after I installed my tower, we had extra high water here
and one of my guy anchors was entirely submerged.  With a screw anchor that
would have scared me silly, but both because it was downwind from the
prevailing NW winds, and because of that ton of concrete, I felt pretty
comfortable as the water slowly receded.

73, Pete N4ZR