[Towertalk] I THINK its 25G

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] I THINK its 25G
From: w7ni@easystreet.com (Stan & Patricia Griffiths)
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 11:29:09 -0700
There are at least TWO other significant differences between 20G and 25G.
The guage of the leg tubing is 18 guage for 20G and 16 guage for 25G.  Also,
the OD of the solid Z bracing is 9/32" for 20G and 5/16" for 25G.  There has
to be more than just one less horizontal and one less diagonal  brace to
account for the fact that 20G weighs 30 pounds per section and 25G weighs 40
pounds per section.  These two types of tower are DANGEROUSLY similar.  One
time, even Rohn got confused and sent me 18 sections of 20G that were labled
25G.  I discovered it while I was unloading the truck and noticed the weight
difference immediately . . .  Apparently, Rohn's warehouse gorillas did NOT
notice it . . .  Scarey . . .

Stan
w7ni@easystreet.com