[Towertalk] Can my 40' tower be a 160m vertical?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Can my 40' tower be a 160m vertical?
From: kb9cry@attbi.com (kb9cry@attbi.com)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 13:04:40 +0000
QSL on all Jim.  Purchase Jeff Briggs, K1ZM's book from
the ARRL titled "DXing on the Edge, The Thrill of 160
Meters"  In it you'll find all the info and hints to
shunt feed your tower.  I did the same (mine's a 72 ft.
Trylon, but as long at the tower is not too high) and it
will definately work.  You need the vertically
polarized, low angle signal on topband and you don't get
that with all the other stuff except a Inverted L, which
is also in Jeff's book.  Piks of my shunt feed can be
found on my club's website at www.nidxa.org.  Go to the
DX Showcase section.  Cu on Topband, 73  Phil  KB9CRY