[Towertalk] Mast Coupler?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Mast Coupler?
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:30:18 -0700
Jeff, can't you (maybe with a friend also belted on the tower) handle a 16'
long aluminum mast?  I've done this by myself, strapping on very high on the
tower and hand-over-handing the pole up and then down into the tower...as
long as it's aluminum.  (I'm not strong enough to do it with thick wall
steel.)

Otherwise, if two 8' sections really need to be spliced, I'd make the splice
inside the tower, not above it...

-WB2WIK/6