[Towertalk] Phasing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Phasing
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 14:26:40 -0600
Bill,

Think about what you are asking to do.

What spacing would you use?  Typically
you need at least 1/2 WL for any useful gain.
That's 17 ft on 10M, preferably a little more.
Could you accomodate that spacing?

Take a look at the two antennas.

Do they have the same kind of FEED SYSTEMS?
If not, how would you ever know the currents in the
two driven elements are in phase?

How will you DECOUPLE the 10M antenna when
you want to operate the tribander on 15 or 20M?

Have I talked you out of the phasing idea yet?

Good.  Now, how high do you want to put your tribander?

IF your tower is 60 ft or more, place the tribander on top.

Then, it would be useful to sidemount the 3L10
around 35 to 40 ft, fixed in some useful direction.
With a little thought and care, you could use a
PVC leg protector and tighten the U bolts just loose
enough to rope rotate the 3L10 (say between EU and JA).
If you want even more versatility, you could side mount
a rotor for the 3L10.

Tom  N4KG