[Towertalk] Crane or Gin Pole?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Crane or Gin Pole?
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 07:14:04 -0600
Sounds like a LOT of EXPENSIVE additions to this FREE? tower.

Also, the BX series is pretty LIGHT  WEIGHT with a small load
capacity.  Why bother?

IMHO, the SAFEST, STRONGEST, and most COST EFFECTIVE
antenna support is a properly GUYED TOWER (such as R25).

If you don't want to guy, then get a HEAVIER DUTY self supporting
tower.  Might as well get some safety and load improvement if you
are going to shell out for a concrete base (and crane?).

If you *still* want the BX, you should be able to easily 'man handle'
each 8 ft section using a pulley and rope to lower the sections
to the ground.  I did that very procedure to dismantle and HDBX
tower (the heavier duty version).

Tom  N4KG