[Towertalk] Coax Surge Suppressors that pass DC

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Coax Surge Suppressors that pass DC
From: tyrrell@cybertrails.com (don tyrrell)
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 16:09:19 -0700
Thanks for the various inquiries--most have been answered off line. As a
point of interest, we do not use an inductor to ground due to our unique gas
tube/cavity design. Our Alpha Delta commercial customers have been using our
units with DC and AC control voltages and bias voltages for years. No need
for Tees or any such. Also, independent lab tests have dispelled the "rumor"
that there is a "superior" design in terms of equipment front end
protection. Not so.  Our thought is that anyone who says they provide
"direct hit" protection either doesn't understand the various levels of
direct hits that can occur or has a huge legal firm available. Anyway, just
a personal opinion. We'll let that argument go on in "Corporate America".

Enough of that--no more commercials. Just wanted to state our results. TNX
again,

Don,  W8AD