[Towertalk] 45G (guyed) vs. SSV (self-supp'g) 70-ft. tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 45G (guyed) vs. SSV (self-supp'g) 70-ft. tower
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 07:20:05 -0600
Doesn't this drawing for R45 also ASSUME an 8 sq ft side mount
(for dish antennas)?  IF that is the case, and you do NOT install
the dish mount, you can add ~8 sq ft to the rated load for R45.

And YES, placing the guys at the TOP is a stronger configuration.

Unfortunately for us, the ROHN Catalog drawings are NOT
drawn for optimum AMATEUR applications :-(

Tom  N4KG