[Towertalk] Cheap Pulleys

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Cheap Pulleys
From: Ward Silver" <hwardsil@centurytel.net (Ward Silver)
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 15:18:38 -0000
In light of our proclivity for thrift...

Q: How was wire invented?
A: Two hams fighting over a penny...

I have two contributions to the cheap pulley discussion.  Both are =
light-duty only and neither can be expected to be a effective as a good =
quality pulley.

Short-term solution - a caribeener.  Two, actually - clip one to the =
tower and the second (acting as the pulley) to the first.  The second =
swivels more freely that way.

Long-term solution - strain or "egg" insulators.  These work =
particularly well for small-to-medium wire antennas.  You have to =
carefully inspect the holes for ridges or snags or other defects in the =
sliding surface.  At 50-cents each (what the heck happened to the cents =
symbol on keyboards, anyway?) they're a great deal and last effectively =
forever.

73, Ward N0AX

multipart/alternative
  text/html