[Towertalk] Re: [Dx-qsl] virus in (1000mp) strange behaviour of FT1000mp

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Re: [Dx-qsl] virus in (1000mp) strange behaviour of FT1000mp on 28mhz
From: smidtca@sprint.ca (Carl Smidt)
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 19:56:08 -0300
Listen my friend. I have NOT been infected, my Norton AV program catches
them all, so why all the harangue. My problem is with all these
irresponsible computer owners that are too CHEAP to buy a good AV program
and then keep it updated. It is a damn nuisance to have NORTON catch one
infected message after another because of people who will not buy
protection. I don't know where you got the idea that I was NOT protected, I
did not say that I was infected, only that my received messages on multiple
reflectors contained the virus, IN AN EXECUTABLE FILE. So where did you get
that idea??? I am irritated at having to wait for Norton while it tries to
repair the infected messages, a bloody nuisance and so needless. People who
won't protect themselves and others should not be playing with computers.
Besides, I am not complaining about the warnings, BUT about the virus
originators whether they send them knowingly or unknowingly. My Norton
protects both outgoing and incoming messages, so in this message to you I am
assuring your protection, at my cost.

73,   Carl  VE9OV