[Towertalk] using AB-577 75' extension kit

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] using AB-577 75' extension kit
From: dick.green@valley.net (Dick Green)
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 11:29:35 -0400
While we're on the subject of the AB-577, I'd like to hear from anyone who
has installed the MK-806/GRC extension kit. I've borrowed one and am just
about ready to start raising the tower (second set of anchors and longer
cables installed.) I've been able to raise the stock AB-577 to 50 feet by
myself with no problems, as long as the wind isn't blowing. Has anyone been
able to do that with the 75' version? The manual suggests that the guys be
manned, particularly when the wind is blowing, but doesn't differentiate
between the 50' and 75' version on that subject. The Ontario Surplus web
site says the 50' version can be put up solo, but says the guys have to be
manned when the wind is blowing or when raising to 75'.

So, any comments from those who have installed the extension kit?

73, Dick WC1M