[Towertalk] attaching coax to the tower legs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] attaching coax to the tower legs
From: joe@xyz.net (WL7M)
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 17:12:10 -0800
Good thing I don't read the discussion on 9913 on this reflector.  I have
my 9913 directly buried about 6 inches deep, with no conduit protection
from the elements/dirt/moisture/frost heaves and it's been there for about
4 years - and the stuff is about 8 - 10 years old.  It runs underground
about 100 feet to the tower base, through switches, up the tower, to
dipoles. inverted vees and verticals...and I've never had a problem with
moisture or anything else.  Works fine.

Yes, I know, I've violated every rule in the book with this installation of
9913 - but it works - 305 countries later in about 24 months.  A D-6 Cat (I
doubt this is the kind of "cat" mentioned on this thread) has driven over
it, moose stomp on it, and the yard tractor hasn't done damage to it
either.  Yes, I was very cautious when I placed it in the ground, as well
as with the connectors and preventing moisture from getting in.  As Lee
said, do it and don't read the reflector for a few weeks....OK, you can
peek once in awhile if you really want!  I probably will..........   ;-)

73,
Joe
WL7M
Fritz Creek, Alaska