[Towertalk] Calculating guy distance for rotating towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Calculating guy distance for rotating towers
From: kk9a@arrl.net (kk9a@arrl.net)
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 13:21:55 -0500
Good luck with your project.  You can use stronger tower sections to allow
more spacing between guys.  For example: I believe that with Rohn 55G you
can have 40' between guys and go 20' above the top guy.  This would allow
you to put your top guy at 58' and you may get away with standard anchor
spacing.  I use Rohn 65G with 60' between guys to allow room for antennas to
turn.

73,
John