[Towertalk] CC XM240 vs 402CD

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] CC XM240 vs 402CD
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 12:32:05 -0600
I hope WZ7I doesn't mind my public response to his
question about the differences between the XM240 and
402CD.  Thought this may be of interest to others as well.

The XM240 is considerably more robust than the 402CD.
It has a 2.5 inch boom vs 2.0 for the early model,
double and triple wall elements close to the boom
vs. single wall on the original, and MUCH better
mounting hardware for the elements and boom.

Some people note more interaction with tribanders
with the XM240 which has insulated elements.  The
simple solution would be to run a jumber between the
center of the reflector and the boom.

The loading coil is still there and it is still worthwhile to
change the screws to SS with  lock nuts or double nuts.

Tom  N4KG

On Sat, 12 Oct 2002 09:21:19 -0400 Wes Cosand <wz7i@arrl.net> writes:
> At 22:02 10/11/02 , you wrote:
> >Hmmmm....
> >
> >My guess is the 2L40 at 70 to 100 ft will put out more signal
> >than a 4 Square.  If fast direction change is important to you,
> >the 4 SQR has the advantage in that area.
> >
> >Tom  N4KG  (very happy with my 402CD at 95 ft)
>
> Tom:
>
> Are there substantive differences between the 402CD and the current
> XM240.  Where has this coil gone that everyone talks about?
>
> Wes, WZ7I

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.