[Towertalk] 40m 4sq array

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 40m 4sq array
From: n8jv@comcast.net (Jim Vining)
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 20:07:18 -0400
I tried one on 80 meters for a few months on a 120 ft. tower. I talked
to K8UR on 80 ssb one night and he told me to get the tops away from the
tower suspended from rope and to put in a bunch of radials. I did this and
have never looked back. The angle of radiation changed and the effientcy
improved. The hardest part to change was burying all of the radials, but well
worth it when finished.

                                 Jim N8JV