[Towertalk] Stormy weather in West Europe.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Stormy weather in West Europe.
From: on4kj@skynet.be (on4kj)
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 16:36:54 -0000
Hello all,

A lot off Western European Ham's will lift there eyes up during next 24
hours as the weather forecast promessed around 90 Miles/hour wind speeds.
My stand alone tower 70' high has about 8.2 cub/yard of concrete at its
base, 3.5' deep. So guess there is nothing to worry about. But, I observed
already a rotation torque around 10°on top.Quite high figure, but I new I
could expect this, because of the 54' alu. shaft going  down to my G-2000RC
Yaesu rotor trough one thrust bearing, and three teflon guides  .What about
the torque stress on the rotator, is there more or less then with the
rotator on top ?
One should want to know why the Rotator platform at 20 feet about ground
level. Well the idea, with a counter weight equal to the weight of the
complete antenna gear, less the beam, the climber should push the mast down
with one hand after loosing a couple of bolts. The beam can sit down in a
chair on top.
Some advice wanted thanks for reading this message.

73's on4kj Jos  ( 68 yy boy )