[Towertalk] G-1000SDX

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] G-1000SDX
From: Robert Webb" <g0urr@btopenworld.com (Robert Webb)
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 10:24:18 -0000
Hello everyone, at the G4RS station we have a Yaesu G-1000SDX. Over the
years the pots on the back have all been tweaked a bit, and the set up
instructions cannot be found. Has anyone got any advice on re-setting up
this rotator, or do you know of a website perhaps that could help. Seems to
me a full rotation on the dial doesnt represent a 360 deg rotation of the
beam. Also if you set it up so the indicator and the beam are aligned, then
the full turning circle on the dial is not available one way. I appreciate
that the beam may have turned in the clamps and may need re-aligning, but I
wouuld like to get the rotator back where it should be first annd then take
it from there. Thanks to all who reply, Cheers
Robert Webb
G0URR
Maintenance op at G4RS.