[Towertalk] Re: [Towertalk] Freq on Ground and On Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Re: [Towertalk] Freq on Ground and On Tower
From: i4jmy@iol.it (i4jmy@iol.it)
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 10:05:56 +0100
Hi Martin,

unfortunately you can't test at 10ft and tune the driven element only.
Neither adjusting SWR is the proper way to obtain reasonable F/B, BW
and gain.
Even tilting upward the antenna isn't a solution since you'll detune
the reflector if the distance from ground of it is not enough.
In a 2 element yagi none of the element is self resonant within the
band.
I did a light modeling of something like that, imposing a full band
coferage and a direct feed.
It comes out a reflector of 11.7ft and a driven of 11.0Ft.
The spacing is 7Ft.

73,
Mauri I4JMY

2el Beam