[Towertalk] Grips vs. Clamps (was Huh?!?)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Grips vs. Clamps (was Huh?!?)
From: n2mg@eham.net (Mike Gilmer, N2MG)
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 18:25:06 -0500
Preformed Line Products (PLP) makes them  http://www.preformed.com
They no longer sell direct (though until a few months ago they'd sell you
whole boxes only) so you have to go through a dealer.  Call them for that
info. FYI, 3/16" grips come 100/box, 1/4" grips come 50/box.

Texas Towers sells them for $5-$6 a piece
http://www.texastowers.com/mischard.htm

Note that they were described as costing little "in the grand scheme" - they
are still a significant expense if you break your guys up a lot with
insulators.

BTW - I suggest you search the archives for more info: Go to
www.contesting.com , in the left menu area is a search feature called "List
Search".  Since it searches ALL contesting.com lists, stick the search
criteria and the word "towertalk" in it, e.g. "towertalk grips" (no quotes),
then click Go.

Mike N2MG