[Towertalk] 2eleL 40 and TH7 Stacking

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 2eleL 40 and TH7 Stacking
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 01:58:49 -0600
Element droop on the 402CD can be reduced considerably
by DOUBLE Walling the first piece of tubing in each element.
This will also raise the wind survival from >70 MPH to <90 MPH.

I also recommend putting a piece of dowel or tubing in the
ends and center of the boom to prevent compressing the boom
when tightening the U bolts.

My 402CD with the above modifications has survived estimated
90 MPH winds that took out dozens of 80 ft trees in my woods.

Tom  N4KG