[Towertalk] Fw: Wire for a Beverage ??

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Fw: Wire for a Beverage ??
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 13:10:51 -0600
My experience with galvanized steel wire in Beverages and
as radials is that they RUST  OUT  in a few years.

ALUMINUM  Electric  Fence Wire is also now available
and should last longer.  Take precautions to make a
non-corrosive connection to the aluminum wire.

I like #16 or #18 wire for outdoor use as radials or Beverages.
Smaller wires break too easily.  Larger wires get heavy.

Tom  N4KG

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002  "Barry " <w2up@mindspring.com> writes:
> My Beverages are made of 17 ga galvalnized steel wire (made for
> electric fences). It's strong and cheap - last spool I bought was
> $15  for 1/2 mile! Since a Bev is a high volatge/low current antenna,
> the  extra few ohms of resistance shouldn matter.
> 73,
> Barry W2UP

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com