[Towertalk] Double posts...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Double posts...
From: ccc@space.mit.edu (Chuck Counselman)
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 21:41:58 -0500
At 9:10 PM -0500 11/19/02, WW3S wrote:
>...I seem to be getting the same message, usually a few days after
>the first one was posted. Anyone else seeing this?

Yes.  I've been getting duplicate messages from Towertalk for many
weeks, or months.  Sometimes the second message arrives on the heels
of the first; and sometimes it comes days later, as you've
experienced.   I thought that somehow I'd gotten two subscriptions,
and inquired; but, IIRC, our listmom blamed the problem on a bug in
the list server, which he said has a mind of its own and operates
beyond the control of any human.  I couldn't decide whether the
server as he described it reminded me more of HAL in _2001_, or Col.
Kurtz in _Apocalypse_Now_, but I liked both movies a lot, so I was
happy with his description.   :-)

-Chuck W1HIS