[Towertalk] MAXX-COMM AUTOMACTIC TUNER

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] MAXX-COMM AUTOMACTIC TUNER
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 11:14:23 -0800
You guys are so negative!

The Maxx-Com requires no power because it's powered by RF, which is
dissipated internally creating thermal rise; that thermal rise is used to
spin fan blades which drive a rotating shaft coupled to an array of variable
inductors and capacitors to provide 12,000,000 possible matching
combinations...

...you can't see all that in the X-Rays taken by the Leage back in '84
because the components used are very tiny; despite their small size, they
are all rated at 5 kW PEP due to the specialized material used, Unobtainium.

-WB2WIK/6

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." -
Mario Andretti