[Towertalk] Climbing Masts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Climbing Masts
From: ve7hcb@rac.ca (Chris BONDE)
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 10:38:51 -0800
I theoretically fully agree with you Steve, b   u   t
I hate climbing step ladders, imagine how I feel when I have to paint the
facia.  I bought some gizmos that go into the top rounds of the extension
ladder then sit on the roof.  Felt much safer, once I climb the ladder,
being using my steel shanked hiking boots lately,  and start cleaning
painting etc I am OK.  It then is easier to move the ladder and climb
again.  But it takes a lot of mental work.  I think that it helps when one
feels a little secure.  You helped with the comment think about the car
trying to pull the tower over.  Doesnot help with the ladder though.

So thanks for those comments.

Chris opr VE7HCB