[Towertalk] RE: Yaesu G1000SDX

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] RE: Yaesu G1000SDX
From: rudym@net-link.net (Rudy Marcelletti, K8SWD)
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 15:36:29 -0500
Erik:  You take a lightning hit?  I don't computer control my G1000SDX, =
but you describe what mine did for a while after a close strike, or =
direct hit--I don't know which.  The needle would spin around =
uncontrollably and sometimes point in the right direction, sometimes =
not.  When I would look outside, the antenna was aiming correctly where =
I had the preset pointing, but the needle would spin wildly, but would =
eventually stop in the vacinity where I was pointed.  Well, this summer =
I took another hit--direct I think.  It wiped out about $3,500.00 of on =
non-ham stuff in the house, but only 2 ham power supplies.  My rotor is =
now FIXED!  No explanation for it other than something up top was loose =
as my controller was disconnected at the time of the storm, and =
lightning fixed it!
Rudy Marcelletti, K8SWD

multipart/alternative
  text/html