[Towertalk] Mosley Manuals

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Mosley Manuals
From: joe@xyz.net (WL7M)
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 14:10:12 -0900
Having recently received an add on kit for my Mosley Pro57B, I can echo the
fact that their manuals are VERY poor.  Mine was incomplete (instructions
did not match the kit I ordered as a result of a production change) and
virtually unreadable.  I called as well as sent an e-mail back to Mosley,
and FINALLY got a response.  Parts were also missing on my kit.  They did
send me a new manual with revised instructions that matched the antenna
kit, and it was readable.  It only took 4 months, start to finish to get
the kit and the new manual.  Their service has really gone downhill, and
the parts they sent me were wrong, or so badly made that they did not
work.  My credit card was charged the day the order was placed and the kit
didn't arrive for 4 months.  I say all this, despite the fact that I like
their antennas.  Customer service was very poor.  I may have to look
elsewhere next time around.  They did not respond to a letter I sent to the
president of the company either.....a sad commentary....but at least the
new manual I received was readable.

73,
Joe
WL7M

At 01:41 PM 12/2/2002, Dave Earnest wrote:

>I finally got a message back from Mosley.
>
>They do charge $10.00 for a replacement manual, which includes the manual,
>cleaning instructions (?) and postage.
>
>I might add the manual is 5 X 7 photocopy of really poor quality,
>expecially the photos and drawings.
>
>73,
>
>Dave K7JJ

---