[Towertalk] ma550 with marb in snow & icy & high winds

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] ma550 with marb in snow & icy & high winds
From: coaching@barrybettman.com (Barry Bettman)
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 11:39:43 -0800
Does anyone have experience with a US Tower MA550 tubular tower and the
MARB rotating base in snow and icy and high wind conditions?

I own a ma550 / marb and am considering moving it to my new qth in the
Sierra Nevada mountains where we get snow, ice and high winds.  I want
to speak to other hams that this exact experience so I can make an
informed decision about using this tower system in these weather
conditions.

Has any one every tried guying the ma550 / marb rotating tower to add
strength?

Thanks,

Barry K6ST