[Towertalk] Tubular crank up tower rope/cable lubricating

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Tubular crank up tower rope/cable lubricating
From: kk9a@arrl.net (kk9a@arrl.net)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:07:56 -0000
You are lucky to get 7 years out of the cable in HI.  P49MR in Aruba broke
two cables in about four years.  The manufacture recommends replacing the
cable every three years.   I had a UST 89' tower for 4 years and while it
made a lot of squeeking noise the cable never broke.  I never changed it due
to the amount of work need to do so.   The LXC Prime Directive is to "DO
what the  manufacturer says", but it seems that even he takes exception to
this maintenance procedure.

John