[Towertalk] Aluminum Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Aluminum Tower
From: Eje Gustafsson <macahan@fament.com> (Eje Gustafsson)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 21:56:54 -0600
I purchased a used one a while back. Easy to fold down (if installed
correctly). Was a pain in the *** to take the pieces a part since it's
been standing there for a good number of years. Bolts rusted and a few
pipes slightly oval due to compression. Put it back together was a
smaller chore but ones again put together just folded it up (40') and
climbed with the last 2 pieces and installed them. Got to love the
aluminum from a weight perspective. The two top pieces weighted 11lbs
each.
Would done the entire 60' at ones if it wouldn't have been for lack of
room to lay it all down and hinge it up. :P

- Eje

DH> Jerry,
DH> I prefer Universal tower, though Heights is good for it's intended purposes.
DH> Universal has 10-foot sections .. Heights 8-foot.. therefore, a given
DH> tower by each will have a different number of sections.
DH> Don
DH> N8DE

---