[Towertalk] Amphenol Silver Plated Teflon Center PL259

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Amphenol Silver Plated Teflon Center PL259
From: kh7u@arrl.net (Kimo Chun)
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 08:10:39 -1000
Correct, Amphenol only sold silver plated PL259 with "other than" Teflon =
center. AND they sold Teflon centers with Astroplate coating. However, =
they did (apparently) make custom runs for Motorola that were both =
silver plated and Teflon centered. Some years ago I purchased them in =
bulk from them through their two-way parts department. As they are =
relatively expensive compared to the ones sold by RF Connection, et al., =
I haven't ordered more. They may still be available for those who must =
have them. If anyone needs it, I can look up the part number. You'd have =
to order it through a local Motorola two-way dealer...plus mark up =
(unless you have a direct account). I don't know if they sell direct to =
end users, though their Cellular Parts Dept. used to.

Happy Holidays

Kimo Chun, KH7U
Delta Communications, Inc.

multipart/alternative