[Towertalk] Re: PL259's (Lee Noonan)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Re: PL259's (Lee Noonan)
From: k2xx@swva.net (Joe Giacobello, K2XX)
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 12:38:05 -0500
Lee, I had a similar problem with some PL-259's and some type of coax (Flexi
4XL?) that I was using.  I just drilled out the center conductor hole with a
drill bit just a hair larger in diameter than the existing hole and all worked
fine.  Admittedly, it's a nuisance, but at least all those $A won't go to waste.

73, Joe
aka VK8XX

I bought some PL259s with white teflon insulation and silver pins .... but I
found that the inner core of RG 213 will NOT fit into the Pin... These were
very expensive - over $7-00AUS each and I haven't used any of them because
of that. The common PL 259s in Australia have a brown or dark brown
insulation and usually have "japan" printed on them and cost around $2-25Aus
. I ended up using "n" connectors instead and Belden 9913 cable.
regards

Lee Noonan  VK2LEE