[Towertalk] Preventing parasitic action of steel guy cables

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Preventing parasitic action of steel guy cables
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L Martin)
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 13:49:00 -0600
>  See my previous Towertalk posts in which I
> provided quantitative data.  (Search the archive for "ferrite.")

Okay.  I give up.  You make it sound SOOOOOOOOO easy to 'search the archive
for "ferrite."'

That reminds me when I used to own a Mercury Capri and replaced the heater
core myself.  The service manual began:
"1. Remove the dash."

How would YOU 'search the archive for "ferrite."'?

Here's my way:

Open up each month, one at a time and do a ctl-F, type in keyword, hit ok,
and hope for a hit.

Does everyone else do the search that way?

Or is there another way that I have been missing all these years?

My machine locks up after downloading the whole archive for about 15
minutes.  So, that seems to be out.

I have asked a couple of administrators what .gz means, but no one has
answered yet.  If it's a zip application, I don't have it; I have Winzip and
PK.  Now I've got to have another?

73,
dale, kg5u