[Towertalk] Re: SteppIR Yagi Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Re: SteppIR Yagi Question
From: k3bz@arrl.net (Jerry Keller)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 19:12:55 -0500
This is an interesting question. Usually, mechanical failure of antenna
elements can be detected visually from the ground, but the SteppIR elements
are hidden inside hollow fiberglas shafts. Does the SteppIR control system
include any self-diagnostic capability, such that the user could detect (or
be alerted to) a failure of one or more of its motors, gears, or deployment
of its perforated strip elements?

Jerry K3BZ