[Towertalk] climbing without a belt

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] climbing without a belt
From: ke3q@msn.com (RICHARD BOYD)
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 04:46:35 +0000
Yeah, I climbed without a belt -- didn't have one -- throughout my teenage
years, always with an arm crooked through the tower once I got to where I
was working.  I often still keep an arm crooked through the tower, even with
the belt on me and around the tower, just for an added feeling of security
-- got in the habit of it I guess.  In hindsight, it's amazing all the
things I got accomplished up the tower without a belt.  It would have been
SO much easier and safer, of course, with a belt.  Finally, a neighbor who
had decided not to be a telephone lineman after all (he'd completed all the
training) gave me his like-new belt and things got much better after that.
Also, back then, I made my own gin pole out of a 2x4 and pulley and U-bolts.

73

Rich Boyd

KE3Q/W3AO

http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_smartspamprotection_3mf