[Towertalk] Help: LM-470 Cable problem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Help: LM-470 Cable problem
From: k2xx@swva.net (Joe Giacobello, K2XX)
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 16:00:02 -0500
Paul, many thanks for your reply.

I checked the cabling on my lowest section and it is different from
yours.  In my case, after the cable passes through the bottom two
pulleys it returns to the top of the section and passes through another
pulley and returns to the bottom of the tower, where it is fastened.

I also pushed on the bottom section to see if it was indeed floating.
 Usually, I can see it wobble whenever I am raising or lowering the
tower.  I t seems atypically rigid to me.  Not encouraging.  I tried
turning the power rapidly on then off, and there was some upward
movement.  It's still too windy to experiment further today.  I also
have a friend coming over tomorrow who has more mechanical savvy than I
do.  He may be able to make a more competent assessment.

73 and, again, thanks to you (and Roger) for your help.

Joe