[Towertalk] Knot tying help- defense

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Knot tying help- defense
From: zigm1975@alloymail.com (S. Markowski Jr.)
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 17:02:57 +0000
snip.......
"Bill Aycock, W4BSG" wrote: my defense--I really have nothing against the
Scouts. By "display art", I meant that the learning, frequently, is toward
passing the Badge requirements, rather than a deeper level of skill.

Okay Bill, I understand know what you meant, and glad your not a Scout Hater!
;-).

My point is: merit badge or actual use, the knots are still tied the same way.
I do not endorse the use of rope and knots or shotty equipment for climbing or
tower use in place of proper equipment.  My life for a hobby to save a few
bucks?  Nope, ain't gonna happen!  However, when I NEED to bail out in my job,
I'll use whatever is at my disposal. If I don't bail, I cook! (and NO, this
doesn't happen often) All of my tower gear is professional equipment, with all
tags attached, and inspected before and after every use.

So, perhaps we can move on to something else now.................

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

73,
Zig Markowski - KM9M