[Towertalk] Disassembling A4 elements

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Disassembling A4 elements
From: ccc@space.mit.edu (Chuck Counselman)
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 18:25:56 -0500
The best product I know for getting stuck things unstuck is called
(appropriately) BreakFree CLP.  I find it most often in gun stores.

It wicks into cracks very well, and displaces water as WD-40 does,
but it is about as viscous as SAE 30 motor oil.  It also contains
microscopic particles of Teflon (PTFE).  Unlike WD-40, it lubricates
well and lasts a long time.  In motor and pump bearings it lasts much
longer than ordinary oil.  Using this stuff I have gotten years more
service out of several motors whose bearings seemed shot beyond hope,
and that ordinary oil would not free up.

-Chuck, W1HIS