[Towertalk] 450 ohm ladder line strain relief

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 450 ohm ladder line strain relief
From: ve7hcb@rac.ca (Chris BONDE)
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 17:12:40 -0800
Barry:
I run a length of guy rope, nylon I believe, throught the 450 ladder line
(probably better called window line).  I thread it through about every
10-12 spaces, after so many of those I put a twist in the line and
continue. The twist slows down the whipping by the wind.  Just after the
line comes under the roof eve, I put a rain droop. Then up to the soffit to
go down into the house.   For extra rain protection I have put a piece of
the nylon rope, 6 in length, on the line so that the rain will run down
this rather than all the way down the line.  The rope is attached to the
top of the antenna pole and the soffit.  It works gret for an loaded droopy
dipole (In V)

Chris opr VE7HCB