[Towertalk] Yaesu Rotators

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Yaesu Rotators
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 21:44:59 -0500
At 08:40 PM 12/31/02 -0500, Dave, AA6YQ wrote:
>My experience with the G-2800SDX was terrible; while the rotator held up
>well, the controller's poorly-designed analog/digital/electromechanical
>circuitry was fundementally unreliable. I understand that this controller
>design has been updated, but I'd check out the schematic before buying a
>Yaesu controller.

The schematic of my G-800SA bears virtually no resemblance to my
G-1000SDX.  It also works entirely differently.  I submit that there is no
reason to judge the new ones by analogy to the old design.

FWIW, my G-1000SDX has run flawlessly for 7 years so far.  I think this is
the same controller that Dave had so much trouble with -- perhaps a
different production batch?

73, Pete N4ZR
Happy Holidays