[Towertalk] AR-22 Status

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] AR-22 Status
From: na9d@speakeasy.net (Jon Ogden)
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 19:28:06 -0600
Thanks to all who replied on my questions on the AR-22.

I have decided that while it may be a decent rotor for a small HF beam, it
just is not going to be satisfactory for my uses in trying to track
satellites.  I think I have too much load for it as well and that's why it
is having problems moving in one direction.  I have a heavy piece of
probably 8 or 10 foot pipe for the mast.  Above that is about 15 feet of TV
mast with a 220 MHz Isopole.  The satellite equipment consists of a Yaesu
elevation rotor with an 8 foot 1/2" galvanized pipe for a boom.  The
antennas are the large KLM models for VHF and UHF and a 2.4 GHz
dish/downconverter.  All this is a pretty heavily load.  I don't know how
many pounds, but it ain't light.  And who knows if the mast is perfectly
aligned inside my roof tower.

I am going to keep my eyes open for a Ham M or Ham IV or something similar
at a good price.

Thanks again to all who helped reply.

73,

Jon