[Towertalk] 450 line strain relief

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 450 line strain relief
From: k2xx@swva.net (Joe Giacobello, K2XX)
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 09:44:17 -0500
I may have misunderstood Barry's original request and recommended the
Wireman's plastic triangular center insulator, which clamps the line to
the flat surface of the insulator, and removes tension from the
connection points between the line and the antenna wires.

I also live in a very windy QTH and was frequently disentangling my line
(about a 60 foot drop) from tree branches, etc. I wound up using a Bunge
(sp.?). cord attached to a stake in the ground to keep the line from
flapping around.  The cord is not under tension when there's no wind.
 It has worked well for about a year and a half now.

73, Joe