[Towertalk] Request for Assistance in Identifying Manufacturer of 60' Cr

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Request for Assistance in Identifying Manufacturer of 60' Crank-Up Tower
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 07:55:15 -0800
Sure looks like an HD354 to me (Tri-Ex, and a lot older than the 1980's), or
possibly the Tristao counterpart (also a lot older than 1980's).

The welded cross bars, without any diagonal ("zig zag") struts, don't
support much twisting torque.  For any substantial beam installation, those
towers should be guyed.  You can fabricate a base from re-bar and welded
mounting flanges; 1-1/2 cubic yards of concrete should be enough if your
ground is solid (and previously undisturbed).

WB2WIK/6

"Success is the ability to go from failure to failure with no loss of
enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill