[Towertalk] Virus

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Virus
From: wa2bpe@infoblvd.net (WA2BPE)
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 12:12:38 -0500
Not specifically reflector issue, but relevant to subscribers.

Suggest giving your ISP a call and ask about their AV scanning (if they
have one).  While I have Norton installed here, my ISP scans *all*
incoming and outgoing mail for viruses - and has caught plenty!!  On
your own system, BTW, it may be useful to boot your it to DOS and run
Norton AV manually.  This is what I finally had to do when one sneaked
thru (former ISP, now out of business, + I had neglected to update the
definitions).  For some reason, it wasn't spotted running it in Windows.

GL & 73,

Tom - WA2BPE