[TowerTalk] Re: static drainage

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: static drainage
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon Jan 27 14:06:46 2003
At 07:40 PM 1/27/03 +0100, OM7ZZ wrote:
>Hi Pete
>
>Top Ten antenna switch all unused antenna ports are grounded, and when
>switch is not powered all ports are grounded inside switch. I not know how
>about WX0B switches, but on his switch all control lines are protected
>against lighting.
>Feed line to transceiver I suggest you unconnect, if you not use antennas.
>Just to be sure, you can use lighting protector as OM's wrote above.

Hi Jozef -- well, I'm feeling dumb.  I never looked at the schematic before
writing my previous message, but you're quite right.  So nothing to worry
about.  It will be interesting to see what happens among my various
antennas, all on the one tower, when the feedlines go from being all open
to all grounded.  We'll find out, I guess.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database has just been updated.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm