[TowerTalk] Hy-Gain Explorer 14

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hy-Gain Explorer 14
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Tue Jan 28 13:29:12 2003
If I remember correctly, the HyGain Explorer 14
used "Parasleeve" (their copyrighted name for open sleeve)
10M elements for the 10M DE which resulted in improved
SWR Bandwidth on all 3 bands.  The full size 10M elements
may have been stagger tuned.  The center DE is full size
on 15M.  On 20M, there is only one (15M) trap, which
reduces the trap loading effect compared with a conventional
DE with 10 and 15M traps.  This antenna represented a
significant improvement over the more narrowband TH3.

I think a similar approach on an 18 ft boom with a separate
10M reflector with a trapped 15/20 reflector and 10/15/20
director would be make a nice 'medium' sized tribander.

Tom  N4KG