[TowerTalk] groundrods useable lifespan

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] groundrods useable lifespan
From: k5uj@hotmail.com (Rob Atkinson, K5UJ)
Date: Fri Jan 31 19:11:39 2003
Thanks for the information on soil ph with regard to ground rod material.
It prompts the question:

Generally speaking, (very generally) how long can a ground rod be expected
to stay in service?  I realize it varies by location and how the rod is
made, and diameter, but for a typical home depot type of 8' rod which I
think is what most hams use, is this something to check on in a few years,
or 15 years, or....? Or is this something that was beat to death before on
towertalk?

Rob Atkinson
K5UJ
k5uj@hotmail.com